James Moriarity, arch villain and Sherlock Holmes's bete noire says in Shadow of Games : Exempli gratia ( which in Latin means, ' for example') when two celestial objects collide, there is bound to be collateral damage.
What does E.G. stand for?
E.G. stands for Exempli Gratia (Latin: For Example)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of E.G.
We have 25 other meanings of E.G. in our Acronym Attic
- Evolved UMTS Terrestrial Radio Access
- Expected Value
- Enhanced Vestigial Sideband (video technology)
- Embedded Wireless Energy-Harvesting Prototype (electrical engineering)
- Engdahl-Zigangirov (bound)
- Enhanced Zero-Forcing Block Decision-Feedback Equalizer
- Electronic Magazine
- Emergency Generator
Samples in periodicals archive:
Proposed "New" Extensional Devices Exempli gratia (e.
Tombe'za, by Rachid Mimouni, will serve as my exempli gratia of rejection and ostracism.