In addition, the Ministers agreed two important measures under the excessive deficit procedure.
What does EDP stand for?
EDP stands for Excessive Deficit Procedure
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of EDP
We have 229 other meanings of EDP in our Acronym Attic
- Escravos do Presidente (Portugal, band)
- Ethylene-Diamene-Pyrocatechol (etchant solution)
- European Democratic Party
- Event Design Plan
- Event Driven Programming
- Every Damn Penny
- Every Day Price
- Everyday Purchases (credit card rewards program)
- Exam Delivery Provider (Microsoft)
- Excess Demand Probability
- Exhibit Design and Production (tradeshows)
- Expedite Departure Path
- Expedited Drug Program
- Expérientiel et Développement Personnel (French: Experiential and Personal Development)
- Expletive Deleted Podcast (Rockledge, FL)
- Explosive Delivered Penetrator
- Export Development Programme (various locations)
- Export Development Project (various locations)
- Extended Day Program (education; various locations)
- Extended Degree Program (Washington State University)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Commission's view is that no further steps in the excessive deficit procedure of Spain are needed at present.
In July 2009, the EU opened the excessive deficit procedure (EDP) for Romania, on the basis of a government deficit above 3% of GDP in 2008, and recommended the correction below 3% took place by 2011.
The commissioner said: "We will start the procedures to open an excessive deficit procedure with a recommendation to correct the deficit in the coming weeks.
The Commission has therefore decided to initiate the excessive deficit procedure for the UK.
In a somewhat controversial decision, the European Council held in abeyance the Excessive Deficit Procedures that the European Commission recommended imposing on France and Germany.