Another soon-to-be-published finding, which Tabata describes as "rather significant", showed that the Tabata protocol burns an extra 150 calories in the 12 hours after exercise, even at rest, due to the effect of excess post-exercise oxygen consumption.
What does EPOC stand for?
EPOC stands for Excess Post-Exercise Oxygen Consumption
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of EPOC
We have 34 other meanings of EPOC in our Acronym Attic
- Enfermedad Pulmonar Obstructiva Crónica (Colombia)
- Engineer Plant Operator Course
- Ennis - Pocsidio Partnership (New York, NY)
- Enterprise Point of Care (Epocal Inc.)
- Environment Policy Committee (OECD)
- Environmental Partnership Organizing Club (Japan)
- Environmental Professionals' Organization of Connecticut
- Equipment Point of Connection
- European Plans and Operations Center (US)
- Excess Post-Exercise Consumption
- Environmental Project on Central America
- European Project on Ocean Acidification (EU)
- Ex-Prisoners and Prisoners Organizing for Community Advancement
- Education Sustaining Peace through Open Learning and Accessible Community Engagement Habitats
- End Physical Punishment Of Children
- Environmental Power Control Hardware
- Etoposide, Prednisone, Vincristine, Cyclophosphamide, Doxorubicin (chemotherapy regimen)
- European Parallel Operating System Based on Chorus
- European Programme On Climate and Natural Hazards
- Excellence in Processing Open Cultural Heritage (EU Network of Excellence)
Samples in periodicals archive:
There are dictums and theories about oxygen deficit versus oxygen debt; about recovery oxygen uptake or excess post-exercise oxygen consumption.