Nineteen hypercholesterolemic patients (10 without and 9 with hypertriglyceridemia) were given evening primrose oil rich in gammalinolenic acid (GLA, 18: 3n-6), in a placebo controlled cross-over design, over 16 weeks (8 + 8 weeks), with safflower oil as the placebo.
What does EPO stand for?
EPO stands for Evening Primrose Oil
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of EPO
We have 111 other meanings of EPO in our Acronym Attic
- Error Performance Objectives
- Erythropoietin (endurance drug)
- Esperanto (ISO Language Code)
- Estuarine Programs Office
- Etobicoke Philharmonic Orchestra
- European Patent Office
- European Patent Organisation
- European Philharmonic Orchestra
- European Postman Organisation
- Evansville Philharmonic Orchestra
- Examination Procedure Outline
- Exclusive Provider Organization
- Expanded Polyolefin (structural composites foam material)
- Extruded Polyolefin (styrofoam)
- Education Pack Online Account (IBM)
- Enduring Power of Attorney
- Essex Planning Officers Association (UK)
- Eureka Police Officers Association (California)
- European Pride Organizers Association (UK)
- Exercise Plan Of Analysis
Samples in periodicals archive:
Is it OK to give her some of my cod liver and evening primrose oil capsules?
Arcadia's GLA safflower oil has up to 40% GLA, compared to evening primrose oil and borage, which contain 10% and 20-23% GLA, respectively.
BioChemica announced that its Quality Certification Services (QCS) location in Gainesville, FL has just completed an extensive audit of its business with a representative of the USDA to certify the company's facility to handle the following certified organic raw materials: shea butter, cocoa butter, aloe vera, avocado oil, apricot oil, coconut oil, eucalyptus oil, evening primrose oil, hempseed oil, jojoba oil, macadamia oil, olive oil, pumpkin seed oil, safflower oil, sesame oil, sunflower oil, sweet almond oil and tea tree oil.
The Evening Primrose Oil version for normal to dry skin has patchouli, orange and ylang ylang for cleansing.
Evening Primrose Oil or Starflower Oil capsules may help ease symptoms.