Peter Mikelic (New worship book is respectful of diversity; April issue), the Canadian response to the new Lutheran worship book Evangelical Lutheran Worship "has been overwhelmingly positive.
What does ELW stand for?
ELW stands for Evangelical Lutheran Worship
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ELW
We have 14 other meanings of ELW in our Acronym Attic
- E-Learning in the Voluntary Sector
- Electro-Magnetic Log Voltage Simulator
- End of Life Vehicles Solutions (automotive industry partnership)
- England Leisure Visits Survey (UK)
- Enhanced Laser Velocity System
- Effective Line Width
- Einsatzleitwagen (German firefighters' on-scene coordination car)
- Electronic Warfare (Mission Area)
- Equity Linked Warrant (South Korean market)
- Evangelical Lutheran Women
- Extremely Low Water
- East London Waste Authority
- East Perth Western Australia
- Education and Learning Wales (Welsh funding body for education)
- Esperanto League of Western Australia (East Perth, Western Australia, Australia)
- Eternal Love Winning Africa (Monrovia, Liberia christian radio station)
- European Liquid Waterproofing Association (est. 1979; London, England, UK)
- East Lake Washington Audubon Society (now Eastside Audubon; Washington)
- Elektro Werkstätten Adolf Schätzschock (Vienna, Austria)
- Electronic Warfare Aircraft Self-Protection
Samples in periodicals archive:
Whether that of the "authorized" Service Book and Hymnal of 1958, the LBW of 1978, or, presumably, Evangelical Lutheran Worship (ELW) of 2006, none has any real ecclesiastical "authority" in determining the shape of liturgical-sacramental practice in ELCA congregations.
Evangelical Lutheran Worship will contain 10 musical eucharistic settings as well as a few non-com- munion settings, a Psalter of 150 psalms, Luther's Small Catechism, more than 700 hymns, songs and service pieces.
I am glad that Luther's Small Catechism is included in the assembly edition of Evangelical Lutheran Worship and the pew edition of Lutheran Service Book.
In my own liturgical tradition it is helpful to compare the baptism rite in The Lutheran Book of Worship with the newer rite in Evangelical Lutheran Worship (Minneapolis: Augsburg Fortress, 2006).