[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] The Washington DC Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA) donated various items including clothes, toys and stationery to the Evangelical Lutheran Church in the Republic of Namibia (ELCRN) s hostel programme.
What does ELC stand for?
ELC stands for Evangelical Lutheran Church
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ELC
We have 263 other meanings of ELC in our Acronym Attic
- Environmental Leadership Council
- Environmental Learning Center (Vero Beach, FL)
- Environmental Literacy Council (Washington, DC)
- Equal-Loudness Contours
- Équipe Locale de Crise (French: Local Crisis Team)
- Equipment Leasing Company
- Estimated Landed Cost (retail industry)
- Estimated Loss Code (US Navy)
- European Landscape Convention (international treaty)
- European Language Council
- Evolutionary Learning Community
- Executive Leadership Council
- Executive Leadership Course
- Exercise Life Cycle
- Exhibitor Liaison Committee (Design Automation Conference)
- Expeditionary Legal Complex (US DoD)
- Experiential Learning Center (education)
- Export Letter of Credit (finance)
- ExPRESS Logistics Carrier (International Space Station)
- Exquisite Life Coaching
Samples in periodicals archive:
A rural North Dakota-church has voted to leave the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, not only to protest its recent policies to allow gay clergy hut also its proposed statement on genetically modified foods.
Irja Askola has become the first woman to be elected as a bishop in the Evangelical Lutheran Church of Finland, a step described as a "milestone" by the general secretary of the Lutheran World Federation (LWF), Rev.
In May 2004 the Evangelical Lutheran Church in the Netherlands merged with the two largest Dutch Reformed Churches into the Protestant Church in the Netherlands.
Jay Wiesner, who is openly gay, was installed as pastor of Bethany Lutheran Church on July 25, despite the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America's policy against the ordination of noncelibate gay men and lesbians.
Unlike the larger Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA), the Missouri Synod does not allow its clergy to lead prayer services with other religions.