Five-star billing from the European New Car Assessment Programme (Euro NCAP) is a foregone conclusion for the Scandinavian marque.
What does ENCAP stand for?
ENCAP stands for European New Car Assessment Programme (vehicle safety assessment; EU)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of ENCAP
We have 2 other meanings of ENCAP in our Acronym Attic
- European Network of Childbirth Associations
- Expanded Narrow Coverage Area (US DoD Satellite Communications)
- Extremely Naive Charset Analyser (character set detection)
- Ente Nazionale Confederale Assistenza Lavoratori (Italian: National Confederation of Assistance Workers; Rome, Italy)
- Environmental Campaigns
- Encanisterization/Decanisterization (missiles)
- Eastern Nebraska Community Action Partnership
- Engineering Civic Action Program
- Emergency Nurses Cancel Alcohol Related Emergencies
- European Network for Children Affected by Risky Environments
- Emergency Network of Cuban-American Scholars and Artists (US-Cuba policy change)
- Ente Nazionale Corse Al Trotto (Italian horse racing club)
- Epoxy Nucleophile Catalyzed Transesterification
- European Network of Cultural Administration Training Centers (est. 1992; Brussels, Belgium)
- European Network of Cultural Administration Training Centres
- Engineer Combined Arms Tactical Trainer
- Eastern North Carolina Audio Video (Greenville, NC)
- Estonian National Communications Board (Estonia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In fact the Ranger also achieved the highest score ever recorded by Euro NCAP - which stands for European New Car Assessment Programme - for pedestrian protection.
uk The European New Car Assessment Programme (Euro NCAP) has recognised Audi AG, a subsidiary of Volkswagen AG (Xetra: VW), with a Euro NCAP Advanced Award.
The Mazda3 with European specifications has been awarded the maximum five-star rating by the European New Car Assessment Programme (Euro NCAP) in its 2009 combined safety performance test.
Euro NCAP, the European New Car Assessment Programme, picked up the What Car?
Michiel van Ratingen, of the European New Car Assessment Programme, said: "We are very disappointed with the way car makers have tackled this area.
In May, the car was awarded the maximum five-star rating for adult occupant protection from the European New Car Assessment Programme (Euro NCAP), with the highest ever recorded score for any vehicle.