In 1960 the IRBM programme cancelled but the project was immediately replaced by the European Launcher Development Organisation (ELDO), which Britain joined with France Germany to provide a European alternative to the American and Russian monopoly on satellite launchers.
What does ELDO stand for?
ELDO stands for European Launcher Development Organisation (now the European Space Agency)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ELDO
We have 1 other meaning of ELDO in our Acronym Attic
- Eosinophilic Leukemia Cell Differentiation Factor
- Edge-Labeled Directed Graph
- Extreme Lateral Disc Herniation
- East Liberty Development, Inc. (Pittsburgh, PA)
- Educators Leadership Development Institute (Grand Rapids, MI)
- Extended LDAP (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol) Data Interchange Format
- Electronic Development and Environmental Information System
- Embedded Linux Development Kit
- Es Lebe Das Leben (German)
- Enterprise Logical Data Model
- European Space Vehicle Launcher Development Organization (now ESA - European Space Agency)
- Evangelical Lutheran Diocese of North America
- Electron Electron Double Resonance (electron paramagnetic resonance)
- Electra Doppler Radar
- Electronic Loan Deficiency Payments (USDA)
- Endangered Languages Documentation Programme (UNESCO)
- Engineering Leadership Development Program
- European Lake Drilling Programme (European Science Foundation)
- Every Day Low Pricing
- Executive Leadership Development Program