It is the first time the awards ceremony, which recognise the UK's commitment to the European Landscape Convention, have been held.
What does ELC stand for?
ELC stands for European Landscape Convention (international treaty)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ELC
We have 263 other meanings of ELC in our Acronym Attic
- Environment Liaison Centre International (Kenya)
- Environmental Law Centre (Canada)
- Environmental Leadership Council
- Environmental Learning Center (Vero Beach, FL)
- Environmental Literacy Council (Washington, DC)
- Equal-Loudness Contours
- Équipe Locale de Crise (French: Local Crisis Team)
- Equipment Leasing Company
- Estimated Landed Cost (retail industry)
- Estimated Loss Code (US Navy)
- European Language Council
- Evangelical Lutheran Church
- Evolutionary Learning Community
- Executive Leadership Council
- Executive Leadership Course
- Exercise Life Cycle
- Exhibitor Liaison Committee (Design Automation Conference)
- Expeditionary Legal Complex (US DoD)
- Experiential Learning Center (education)
- Export Letter of Credit (finance)
Samples in periodicals archive:
It is the first time that the awards, which recognise the UK's commitment to the European Landscape Convention, have been held.
A very strong impulse in this direction arises from the European Landscape Convention (ELC) signed in Florence, in Autumn 2000 by the 41 countries of the Council of Europe.
In 1992 the Convention of Biological Diversity was adopted, then, in Florence, 2000, the European Landscape Convention was ratified, which contributed mostly to the European landscape protection, management and planning, as well as organized cooperation across Europe on the issues connected with landscape.