Each strain of the European corn borer uses a blend of pheromone components in a very specific ratio.
What does ECB stand for?
ECB stands for European Corn Borer (insect)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ECB
We have 159 other meanings of ECB in our Acronym Attic
- Étanchéité-Couverture-Bardage (French: Sealing-Cover-Siding)
- Ethernet Client Bridge (3Com)
- Ethernet to Coax Bridge
- Étoile Cycliste Baralbine (French cycling club)
- Étudiants contre les Blocages (French: Students against Crashes)
- Eurodocsis Certification Board
- Europe Card Bus
- European Central Bank
- European Chemicals Bureau
- European Congress on Biotechnology
- European Cultural Backbone (mediacultural coalition)
- Evaluation Capacity Building
- Evangelical Christian Baptist
- Event Control Block
- Evropska Centralna Banka (Slovenian: European Central Bank)
- Exercise Control Branch (job title)
- Expendable Communication Buoy
- Express Cargo Bill of Lading (freight)
- External Commercial Borrowing
- External Controller-Based (disk storage)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Among the topics are assessing and detecting gene flow, monitoring Bt resistance in European corn borers and western corn rootworms, male sterility and hybrid plant systems for gene confinement, seed-based containment strategies, and tapping RNA silencing for trans-gene containment through the engineering of sterility in plants.
Northrup King receives USDA approval to field test genetically-engineered corn to resist European corn borer and dwarf maize virus.
Zhu and his collaborators also have investigated gene silencing in the European corn borer and in grasshoppers, a major insect pest in China.
The report added: "The European corn borer is the main corn pest in central and especially in southern Europe due to its Mediterranean climate.
It resists the European corn borer beetle, some moth pests, and withstands the herbicide glufosinate-ammonium.