Two of the company skin types, Episkin and SkinEthic, have been rubberstamped by the European Centre for the Validation of Alternative Methods which gives the green light to non-animal tests.
What does ECVAM stand for?
ECVAM stands for European Centre for the Validation of Alternative Methods
This definition appears very frequently
We have 1 other meaning of ECVAM in our Acronym Attic
- E Chart Visual Acuity (eyes)
- Electronic Campus of Virginia (cooperative initiative)
- Elko Convention and Visitors Authority (Elko, NV)
- End Cartoon Violence of America (advocacy)
- Episcopal Church and Visual Arts
- European College of Veterinary Anaesthesia and Analgesia (Greece)
- European College of Veterinary Anaesthesiologists
- Energy Contract Volume Allocation Agent (UK)
- European College of Veterinary Anaesthesia and Analgesia
- Endorsers Conference for Veterans Affairs Chaplaincy
- Edmond Convention and Visitors Bureau (Edmond, OK)
- European College of Veterinary Behavioural Medicine
- East Coast Venture Capital (New York)
- Eastern Carolina Vocational Center, Inc. (Greenville, NC)
- European College of Veterinary and Comparative Nutrition
- European College of Veterinary Clinical Pathology
- European College of Veterinary Dermatology
- European Congress of Veterinary Dentistry (est. 1992; European Veterinary Dental Society)
- Extracellular Volume Depletion
- Extracranial Carotid and Vertebral Artery Disease
Samples in periodicals archive:
Resulting tests could be assessed by the European Commission's advisory body, European Centre for the Validation of Alternative Methods (ECVAM), which recommends tests for approval by Brussels, which then sanctions the banning of particular animal tests as a result.
The trust played a key role in the development of new testtube methods, which have been approved by the scientific advisory committee of the European Centre for the Validation of Alternative Methods, to replace painful skin and eye tests on rabbits.