This implies better EU legislation, strengthened practical cooperation coordinated by the European Asylum Support Office (EASO), concrete solidarity between Member States and increased cooperation with third countries.
What does EASO stand for?
EASO stands for European Asylum Support Office (est. 2010; EU)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of EASO
- Explicit Algebraic Stress Model
- Executive Agency for Small and Medium Enterprises (EU)
- Electronic Arts Sports Network (video game company)
- European Aeronautics Science Network
- Euskadiko Agiritegi Sistema Nazionala (Basque: Basque Country National Archive System; Spain)
- Seaman, Engineering Aide Striker (Naval Rating)
- Employee Assistance Society of North America
- Engineering Academy of Southern New England
- Environmental Assessment of Sites and Organizations (environmental management; International Organization for Standardization)
- European Association for the Study of Obesity
- European Aviation Suppliers Organisation (est. 1996; Nottingham, UK)
- European Arctic Stratospheric Ozone Experiment
- Expeditionary Air Support Operations Group
- European Association of Schools of Occupational Medicine
- Emergency Action Standard Operating Procedure
- Enterprise Architectural Space Organizing Table
- East Asian Social Policy (est. 2005)
- École Andalouse de Santé Publique (Spanish: Andalusian School of Public Health)
- Éducatrices d'Activités Socio-Pédagogiques (French: Educators of Socio-Educational Activities)
- Efficient Active Subslab Pressurization (radon mitigation method)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Measures already include financial assistance as well as practical support through the activities of FRONTEX and the newly established European Asylum Support Office.
The European Asylum support Office will establish criteria for quality resettlement in cooperation with UNHCR, NGOs and local authorities.
Byline: Sebastian Heller Cyprus is one of three EU member states being considered to host the European Asylum Support Office (EASO), the other two being Bulgaria and Malta.
Cyprus wants to host European asylum office CYPRUS IS interested in hosting the European Asylum Support Office headquarters, said Interior Minister Neoclis Sylikiotis yesterday.
The Minister, who participated in the EU Justice and Home Affairs (JHA) Council in Brussels, said on his return to Cyprus yesterday that Vice President of the European Commission Jacques Barrot gave assurances that Cyprus and Malta would be the first countries to be given support by the European Asylum Support Office, which is soon to be established.