ELSI referred to the ethical, legal and social implications of the human genome project.
What does ELSI stand for?
ELSI stands for Ethical, Legal and Social Implications (of Human Genome Project)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ELSI
We have 15 other meanings of ELSI in our Acronym Attic
- Executive Level Steering Group
- Expeditionary Logistics Support Group
- East Louisiana State Hospital (Jackson, LA)
- Effective Leadership Starts Here (US National Imagery and Mapping Agency)
- Espace Loisirs Sportifs Herouville (French: Sports Recreation Area Herouville; Herouville, France)
- Earth-Life Science Institute (Japan)
- East Lancashire Social Inclusion (UK)
- East London Somali Initiative (UK)
- Embedded Linux Software Index
- Esquimalt Lagoon Stewardship Initiative (Colwood, British Columbia, Canada)
- Ethical, Legal, and Social Issues (scientific research; genome research)
- European Legal Studies Institute (Osnabrück, Germany)
- Extra-Large Scale Integration
- Economic, Legal and Social Implications Committee (of the Australian Computer Society)
- Early Literacy Storytime Ideas Exchange (Hennepin County Library; Minnetonka, MN)
- Electronic Letter Sorting and Indicator Equipment
- Electronic Signalling and Indicating Equipment
- Electronic Security
- European Learning Styles Information Network
- Excess of Loss Self-Insurance Pool
Samples in periodicals archive:
The environmental genome project: ethical, legal and social implications.