Spartan-6 FPGA Industrial Ethernet Kit The Spartan-6 FPGA Industrial Ethernet Kit (IEK) demonstrates the capability and flexibility of the Xilinx FPGA for implementing real time industrial networking protocols such as EtherCAT, PROFINET, Ethernet POWERLINK and SERCOS III.
What does EPL stand for?
EPL stands for Ethernet Powerlink (realtime data transmission)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of EPL
We have 365 other meanings of EPL in our Acronym Attic
- English Premier League (soccer)
- Ensemble Polyphonique de Lyon (French orchestra ensemble)
- Enterprise Public Library (Enterprise, AL)
- Entreprises Publiques Locales (French: Local Public Enterprises)
- Environmental Profit & Loss
- Epilepsy Newfoundland and Labrador (Canada)
- Epson Premium Luster (paper)
- Equipment Parts List
- Equipment Protection Levels (various locations)
- Escondido Public Library (Escondido, CA)
- Ethernet Private Line
- Euless Public Library (Euless, TX)
- Europhysics Letters
- Evaluated Products List
- Evanston Public Library (Illinois)
- Excess Profits Levy (British)
- Execution Price List
- Exercise Psychology Laboratory
- Experimental Pathology Laboratories, Inc. (Sterling, VA)
- Exploit Prevention Labs (Internet security firm; AVG Technologies)
Samples in periodicals archive:
We are using Ethernet Powerlink for connection between modules for remote control of motor modules.
Presenting it as "the only real-time system currently available on the market," B&R Automation displayed its Ethernet Powerlink automation system at the National Manufacturing Week trade show in Chicago in February.
NASDAQ:ALTR) has announced FPGA-based support for Ethernet communications protocols used in industrial automation applications, including ProfiNet, Ethernet/IP, Modbus-IDA, EtherCAT, SERCOS III Interface, and Ethernet Powerlink.
Motion control components compatible with the real-time Ethernet Powerlink protocol are presenting significant design opportunities for machinery OEMs.