2) When men are prescribed testosterone gels or creams, they sometimes have to take an aromatase-inhibiting drug (like Arimidex[R]) to prevent their estrogen (measured as estradiol in the blood) from climbing to dangerous levels.
What does E2 stand for?
E2 stands for Estradiol
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of E2
We have 28 other meanings of E2 in our Acronym Attic
- ECH 1 Receive
- ECH 1 Transmit
- Airborne Early Warning Aircraft
- Echelon 2 (US DoD)
- Ecology and Economics Inc (Charlottesville, VA)
- Electromagnetic Environment
- Elimination Second Order (organic chemistry)
- Energizer 2 (battery)
- Energy Efficiency
- Envelope Region 2
- Everything 2 (collaborative writing community)
- Exceeding Expectations (various organizations)
- Exponential Elevation
- E2 Conjugated with Bovine Serum Albumin
- Eyeshield 21 (anime)
- Edited to Add (Internet forum slang)
- End to Anywhere (Orbix platform)
- Beta-Estradiol Benzoate
- Education to Business
- Employee to Business (marketing)
Samples in periodicals archive:
What levels of estradiol do premenopausal women have in pmol/L?
The second study focused on this response following injection of estradiol and bisphenol A, alone and in combination, into rat cerebella.
The direct measurement of serum estradiol offers advantages over the more traditional sample extraction and immunoassay methods with respect to technical ease of the assay and turnaround time.
ALBUQUERQUE -- Transdermal estradiol appears to be an effective antidepressant in penmenopausal women with various forms of depression, Dr.
However, the body breaks down estradiol quickly, notes endocrinologist Ana M.
Low-dose estradiol shows activity against advanced breast cancer that has acquired resistance to aromatase inhibitors, "and should be further investigated," according to a report.