All one has to do is look to manufacturing or even FedEx to see the impact automated processes have had: lower production times, scary-exact estimated delivery times and lower overall production/delivery costs.
What does EDT stand for?
EDT stands for Estimated Delivery Time
This definition appears very frequently
See other definitions of EDT
We have 123 other meanings of EDT in our Acronym Attic
- Engineering, Design and Technology (various schools)
- English Diagnostic Test (various locations)
- Ensconce Data Technology (est.2002; Portsmouth, NH)
- Enterprise Distributed Technologies, Ltd (software developer)
- Entrepreneurs des Territoires (French: Entrepreneurs of Territories)
- Enumerated Data Type
- Equine Dental Technician
- Equipment Down Time (engineering)
- EST Data Transmitter
- Estelle Development Toolset
- Estimated Departure Time
- European Deaf Telephone
- Européenne de Transit (French: European Transit)
- Event Dispatch Thread (Java)
- Every Day Thing (Internet slang)
- Executive Director-Treasurer (various organizations)
- Explosive Device Team
- Explosives Detection Technology
- Extended Data Type (computing)
- Externally Directed Team (Naval Air Systems Command)
Samples in periodicals archive:
It offers instant access to customized parts lists as well as information on availability, price and estimated delivery time.
A package was ordered from abroad with an estimated delivery time of 21 days.
Douglas' center struggled to print 40,000 paper maps showing the locations and estimated delivery times of the commodities.
State estimated delivery times for international orders.
Typical lead-time savings range from 90% for preliminary layout discussions to 20% for fitting and assembling cavities, for a total estimated delivery time reduction of 50% over traditional mold-making methods.