OFS, formerly the optical fiber solutions division of Lucent Technologies [NYSE: LU], has a proven track record of being first in the industry with application specific fibers, optical connectors, ribbon cables, erbium-doped fibers, Raman fiber lasers and more.
What does EDF stand for?
EDF stands for Erbium-Doped Fiber
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of EDF
We have 155 other meanings of EDF in our Acronym Attic
- Engineering Data File
- Engineering Design File
- Engineering Design Fixture
- Engineering Design Format
- Engineering Development Facility
- Enlisted Dining Facility (various armed forces)
- Enterprise Data Fabric (computing)
- Enterprise Documentation Framework (US DoD)
- Environment and Development Foundation
- Environmental Defense Fund
- Eritrean Defense Force
- Eritrean Development Foundation (Washington, DC)
- European Data Format
- European Dermatology Forum (est. 1997)
- European Development Fund
- European Disability Forum
- European Dystonia Federation
- Executive Dining Facility
- Expected Default Frequency (finance; credit analysis; Moody's KMV)
- Export Development Fund
Samples in periodicals archive:
The transfer standard is an erbium-doped fiber amplifier that is coupled to a linear polarizer and a narrow-band optical filter centered in the 1550 nm wavelength range.