This Equatorial Undercurrent (EUC) is cooler and rich in nutrients.
What does EUC stand for?
EUC stands for Equatorial Undercurrent
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of EUC
We have 64 other meanings of EUC in our Acronym Attic
- Electronic University Consortium (of South Dakota; distance education)
- Emergency Ultrasound Consultants, LLC (Bear, DE)
- Emergency Unemployment Compensation
- Emotions under Control
- End User Computing
- End User Council
- End-User Certificate
- End-User Check
- Energy, Utilities & Chemicals
- Episcopal Urban Caucus
Samples in periodicals archive:
Earlier evidence suggested that this deepening would diminish the nutrient supply to these microbes by pushing the cold equatorial undercurrent downward and farther from the plankton.
During September and October 1987, the Equatorial Undercurrent was observed in the western Pacific to be flowing west at speeds of about half a mile an hour, Michael McPhaden of NOAA's Pacific Marine Fisheries Environmental Laboratory in Seattle said.