A member of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission says the agency's impending restructuring has been hastily crafted and will have disastrous consequences on its effectiveness in combating workplace discrimination.
What does EEOC stand for?
EEOC stands for Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of EEOC
We have 12 other meanings of EEOC in our Acronym Attic
- Equal Education Opportunity Act (Vermont)
- Equal Employment Opportunity Act
- Equal Employment Opportunity Agency
- Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action
- Equal Employment Opportunity Advisory Committee
- Ecology, Evolution and Organismal Biology (various locations)
- Eisenhower Executive Office Building
- Evolution, Ecology and Organismal Biology
- East European Organized Crime
- East European Orientation Course
- Equal Employment Opportunity Council (became Work Force 2000 Council, spring 1992)
- Equipment Exceeds Operator Capability
- European Exhibition On Communications
- Equal Employment Opportunity Compliance and Complaints Review Agency
- Equal Employment Opportunity and Civil Rights (Part of DoS)
- Equal Employment Opportunity and Diversity (various government agencies)
- Equal Employment Opportunity and Diversity Management Program
- Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
- Extended Empirical Orthogonal Function Analysis
- Environmental Economics Overseas Fellowship Committee (National Institute of Public Finance and Policy; India)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The number of sexual harassment charges filed with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and state fair employment practices agencies has risen in recent years.
9 billion to bail out failing airlines $110 million for the National Animal Disease Center in Ames, Iowa $65 million for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration for geostationary and polar orbiting systems $16 million to study severe acute respiratory syndrome, or SARS $15 million for the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission $4.
Disability rights advocates believe the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission was strengthened by this ruling.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, for example, even sued the United Parcel Service because it wouldn't hire one-eyed drivers -- though the National Transportation Safety Board has its own prohibitions against such truck drivers because of their problems with depth perception.
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission 1801 L Street NW Washington, DC 20507 Voice: (800)669--4000 TTY: (800) 669--6820 TTY: (202)663--4494 URL: http://www.