When turned on, MR leads to the expression of a protein called epithelial sodium channel (ENaC) and an enzyme called the sodium pump.
What does ENaC stand for?
ENaC stands for Epithelial Sodium Channel
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ENaC
We have 20 other meanings of ENaC in our Acronym Attic
- École de l'Aviation Civile
- Ecole Nationale de l'Aviation Civile
- Empresa Nacional de Almacenamiento y Comercialización (Spaish)
- Energetic Neutral Atom Camera
- Engineering Network Administration Center (AT&T)
- Enron North America Corp. (Houston, TX)
- Ente Nazionale per l'Aviazione Civile (Italy)
- Entidad Nacional de Acreditación (Spanish: Entity National Accreditation)
- Environmental Attribute Code
- Environnement Naturel, Architectural et Construit (School of Architecture, Civil and Environmental Engineering; Lausanne, Switzerland)
- Equipage Not equipped with Alarm Cutoff
- Every Nook and Cranny
- Expanded National Agency Check
- Education Network to Advance Cancer Clinical Trials (Silver Spring, MD)
- Ecole Nationale de Commerce (French)
- Empresa Nacional de Coca (Peru)
- European Nursing Academy for Care of Older Persons
- ESO (European Organisation for Astronomical Research in the Southern Hemisphere) Nearby Abell Cluster Survey
- Effective National Action to Control Tobacco
- English Advisory Committee on Telecommunications
Samples in periodicals archive:
CFTR regulates transport of ions and water, downregulating an epithelial sodium channel and upregulating an alternate chloride channel.
Even so, she cautions, the epithelial sodium channel may not be relevant to human salt perception.
This study was performed during the pre-clinical stage of development to compare GS-9411 to an established epithelial sodium channel blocker, called amiloride.
Aldosterone works on the collecting duct of the distal nephron to increase the activity of the epithelial sodium channels.