These results demonstrate the potential of mGlu5 inhibition as a novel approach for the treatment of multiple types of dystonias, as well as other rare neurological conditions including familial hemiplegic migraine type 1, episodic ataxia type 2, and periodic paralysis.
What does EA stand for?
EA stands for Episodic Ataxia
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of EA
We have 103 other meanings of EA in our Acronym Attic
- Enumeration Area (Canada census boundary)
- Environment Agency (UK; formerly National Rivers Authority)
- Environment Australia
- Environmental Action
- Environmental Assessment
- Environmental Assurance
- Environmental Auditing
- Epileptic Arousal Reaction (neurology)
- Epileptiform Activity (neurology)
- Episcopal Academy (Pennsylvania)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Five-year-old Aaron Smith was diagnosed with episodic ataxia when he was just 11 months old.
Other diseases affect the central nervous system, such as familial hemiplegic migraine (FHM), episodic ataxia type 2 (EA-2), and spinocerebellar ataxia type 6 (SCA6).