The Diabetes Control and Complications Trial (DCCT) and Epidemiology of Diabetes Interventions and Complications (EDIC) Research Group said that compared to conventional therapy, near-normal control of blood glucose beginning soon after diagnosis of type 1 diabetes and continuing an average six and a half years reduced by half the long-term risk of developing kidney disease, The risk of kidney failure was also halved, but the difference was not statistically significant, perhaps due to the relatively small total number of patients who reached that stage of the disease.
What does EDIC stand for?
EDIC stands for Epidemiology of Diabetes Interventions and Complications (medical research study)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of EDIC
We have 9 other meanings of EDIC in our Acronym Attic
- Élimination Déchets Industriels Bourgogne (French: Industrial Waste Disposal Burgundy)
- Entreprise Dépannage et Installation Bretagne (French: Installation and Troubleshooting Enterprise Britain)
- Eastern Dentists Insurance Company (Westborough, MA)
- Ecological Design Innovation Center (Ohio)
- Economic Development Information Center
- Église de Dieu Indépendante de Cotard (French: Independent Church of God of Cotard)
- Emirates Defence Industries Company (United Arab Emirates)
- Employers Direct Insurance Company (Thousand Oaks, CA)
- Engin de Débarquement d'Infanterie et de Chars (French: Landing Craft Infantry and Tanks)
- Entraide des Implantés Cochléaires (French: Support of Cochlear Implanted; Belgium)
- European Diploma in Intensive Care Medicine (European Society of Intensive Care Medicine)
- Explain Demonstrate Imitate Critique (military aviation training method)
- Electronic Data Interchange Council of Australia
- Electronic Data Interchange Council of Canada
- Ecumenical Documentation and Information Centre for Eastern and Southern Africa (Harare, Zimbabwe)
- Electronic Data Interchange in China
- Ecumenical Documentation and Information Centre in Southern Africa (Harare, Zimbabwe)
- Editors Information Classification Scheme
- Emergency Deployable Interoperable Communications System
- Epsom Downs Integrated Care Services (UK NHS)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Diabetes Control and Complications Trial (DCCT)  (1) and its long-term follow-up study, the Epidemiology of Diabetes Interventions and Complications (EDIC) (2), have been following a cohort of 1441 patients enrolled in 1983-1989 with periodic collections of biological specimens for assay of biochemical and metabolic measurements, and with long-term storage of split aliquots.
Called the Epidemiology of Diabetes Interventions and Complications (EDIC) study, this follow-up research is looking at the long-term effects of prior intensive versus conventional blood glucose control.