The Environmental Protection Agency has awarded Lockheed Martin [NYSE: LMT] a seven-year, $145 million contract to support its Environmental Response Team with technical and analytical expertise during environmental emergencies in the U.
What does ENRES stand for?
ENRES stands for Environmental Response
This definition appears very rarely
- Endoscopy Negative Reflux Disease
- Engraved Non-Radiative Dielectric
- Environmental and Natural Resource Division
- European Network for Rural Development (also seen as EN RD; EU)
- Environment and Natural Resources Development Division (United Nations)
- Energy, Natural Resources and the Environment
- Ente Nacional Regulador (Spanish)
- Environmental and Natural Resource Economics (University of Rhode Island and National University of Ireland, Galway)
- Enhancement of Research Capacity in Developing Countries
- European Network for the Recognition of Ecologica Debt
- Empresa Nacional de Residuos Radioactivos SA (Spanish radioactive waste management agency)
- En Route This Station from Oversea Command
- Employment Network for Retired Government Experts
- Enroute This Station from Overseas Command
- European Network for Research Into Hyperinsulinism of Infancy
- Effective Negative Refractive Index
- Electronic Navigation Research Institute (Japan)
- Environment and Natural Resources Institute (Alaska and Pennsylvania)
- Enhanced and Rapid Improvement of Community Health (USAID; Philippines)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Work to Focus on Development of Software Technology to Manage Data Collected by On-Site Response Teams for Hazardous Material and Spills Control SIGNAL Corporation, a leading information technology and engineering & management services company, has announced the award of a five-year, $6 million task order from the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to develop software tools to aid Environmental Response Teams in field investigation support, including the capture, storage and analysis of data.
Soon after the Love Canal incident, Congress passed the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act to ensure that similarly contaminated areas would be cleaned up--at the expense of the polluters, not taxpayers.
Generally, a "hazardous substance" is any substance defined or designated in Sections 101(14) and 102 of the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act of 1980.