95 QD31 Guch, who has taught chemistry at the secondary and postsecondary levels, provides high school and college students with an explanation of chemistry that begins with basic concepts, such as the atom, data collection, and unit conversions, then moves on to topics like the periodic table, chemical compounds, and the mole; solids, liquids, and gases; chemical reactions, including stoichiometry, chemical equilibria, kinetics, and balancing equations; practical chemistry, including uses in nuclear weapons, buffers, and chelation therapy; and thermodynamics, with discussion of entropy, enthalpy, and free energy.
What does H stand for?
H stands for Enthalpy
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of H
- Gedanken Zum Tag (German: Thoughts on the Day; Johann Gottfried Herder poem)
- Guilford-Zimmerman Temperament Survey (personality test)
- Great Zimbabwe University
- GuiZhou University for Nationalities (China)
- Gliwickie Zaklady Urzadzen Technicznych (Polish: Technical Equipment Plant Inc.; Gliwice, Poland)
- Ground Zero Wrestling (Australia)
- Garcia-Zhong-Zhao Coding Scheme
- Gradski Zavod Za Zastitu (Serbia; municipal public health agency)
- Acknowledgement of Receipt (Scott Catalogue prefix; philately)
- C Language Header File (file name extension)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The relaxation toward equilibrium is commonly denoted as enthalpy relaxation and referred to as physical aging.
The effective heat capacity method and the enthalpy method are the two preferred numerical methods.
The sweet spot is a binding enthalpy of about 50-60 k[joules]/mol," says Tom Woo, a University of Ottawa professor who worked on the project.
Voller  presented an enthalpy method with future time stepping to solve inverse Stefan problem.
Their topics include data and models of water activity, predicting ice content in frozen foods, the gelatinization of starch, specific heat and the enthalpy of foods, the thermal conductivity of foods, measuring the surface heat transfer coefficient, and acoustic properties of foods.
Supersaturated Solutions Using Crystallization Enthalpy To Impart Temperature Change to Wet Wipes" No.