13 Kyodo Iran has the potential to acquire by spring 2013 enough 20 percent enriched uranium for making nuclear weapons, the head of a U.
What does EU stand for?
EU stands for Enriched Uranium
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of EU
We have 16 other meanings of EU in our Acronym Attic
- Elon University (North Carolina)
- Emergency Unit (Hong Kong)
- Emisoras Unidas (de Guatemala; radio station)
- Emmissions Unit (environmental operating permits)
- Emory University (Atlanta, Georgia)
- End User
- Endotoxin Unit
- Energy Usage
- Energy Utilization
- Engineering Unit
- Entropia Universe (website)
- Equivalent Units
- Erholungsurlaub (German)
- Estados Unidos (Spanish: United States)
- Etats-Unis (French: United States)
- Euroopan Unioni (Finnish: European Union)
- Europäische Union (German: European Union)
- European Union
- European Union (top level domain)
- Europese Unie (Dutch: European Union)
Samples in periodicals archive:
in April, they told us that Iran would send 1,200 kilograms of its low-enriched uranium to us and then they would send back 120 kilograms of enriched uranium to Iran via Turkey.
Kabuki dance: Last year, the Islamic Republic countered the Big Six offer on enriching Iran uranium to 20 percent by saying it would hand over its 5 percent enriched uranium only after the West shipped 20 percent enriched uranium to Iran.
We know that it takes about 50 kilograms (110 pounds) of 90 percent enriched uranium to build a gun-type weapon equivalent to the Hiroshima bomb.
Nuclear weapons of all kinds--and the enriched uranium and plutonium used to make them--are scattered about Russia and the newly independent states, and Russia is too broke and out of control to keep tabs on them.