The tumor cells were strong diffusely immunostained with both neuron-specific enolase and neurofilament protein and partially for synaptophysin.
What does ENO stand for?
ENO stands for Enolase
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ENO
We have 32 other meanings of ENO in our Acronym Attic
- Early Neonatal Neurobehavioral Scale (newborn responses test)
- Early Neonatal Neurobehavioral Score (maternal medications effects)
- European Neural Network Society
- Eastern Neck National Wildlife Refuge (Maryland)
- Enterprise Network of New York (Bronx, NY)
- Eagles Nest Outfitters (Asheville, NC)
- Editor of New Objects (France)
- Education Network of Ontario (Canada)
- Engineering Night Out
- English National Opera
- Environment Online (online network)
- Essentially Non-Oscillatory
- European Northern Observatory (Canary Islands, Spain)
- Exhaled Nitric Oxide
- Eastern Nebraska Office on Aging
- electronic Notice of Arrival
- European Network of Animation
- Everything North of Atlantic (band)
- European Network of Organic Agriculture Students
- European Network of Organic Agriculture University Teachers
Samples in periodicals archive:
Nearly all of the proteins altered in significant amounts were identified as enzymes associated with important metabolic pathways, such as alcohol dehydrogenase, glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase (GAPDH), Xaa-His dipeptidase, ornithine carbamoyltransferase, putative O-acetylserine lyase, enolase (2-phosphoglycerate dehydratase), fructose-bisphosphate aldolase, and cysteine synthase.
[FIGURE 1 OMITTED] We used an antibody-based microarray system that quantitatively measures 11 common tumor makers [including carbohydrate antigen 19-9 (CA19-9),  CA15-3, CA242, CA125, carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA), [alpha]-fetoprotein (AFP), prostate-specific antigen (PSA), neuron-specific enolase (NSE), [beta] human chorionic gonadotropin ([beta]-HCG), cytokeratin 19 (CK19), and squamous cell carcinoma antigen (SCC)] in serum to test our design to alert for heterophilic antibody interference.
16,17) Immunohistochemistry can demonstrate antibodies to S-100, vimentin, smooth-cell actin, desmin, CD34, and neuron-specific enolase.
Neuron-specific enolase is increased after nonconvulsive status epilepticus.
PIT resulted in reduced expression of Laminin receptor 1, Apolipoprotein E precursor (Apo-E) and Neuron specific gamma Enolase at 48h followed by significant increase at 96h after PIT.
They may be positive for neural markers, such as neuron-specific enolase, chromogranin, and synaptophysin.
Specific neuronal enolase was slightly elevated (15.