com/ Keywords in this release: Location-based services, LBS, United States, average revenue per user, ARPU, assisted global positioning system, A-GPS, enhanced observed time difference, E-OTD, uplink time difference of arrival, U-TDOA, code-division multiple access, CDMA, advanced forward link trilateration, AFLT, Cell ID, mobile resource management, MRM, research, information, market, trends, technology, service, forecast, market share CONTACT: Mireya Castilla, Corporate Communications - North America, +1-210-247-3830, or fax, +1-210-348-1003, or mireya.
What does E-OTD stand for?
E-OTD stands for Enhanced Observed Time Difference (enhanced mothodology for detecting location of a transmitter, e.g. cell phone)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
We have 5 other meanings of E-OTD in our Acronym Attic
- Enhanced Mycobacterium Tuberculosis Direct Test
- External Network-to-Network Interface
- External-Node-to-Node Interface (IEEE)
- Endothelial Isoform of Nitric Oxide Synthase
- Electronic New Product Development
- European Operational Concept Validation Methodology (Air Traffic Management)
- Electronically OK
- Environmentally, Ecologically OK (website)
- Enterprise Object-Oriented Fourth-Generation Language
- Enzyme-Acyl Phosphate (biochemistry)
- European Prototype-Like (virus variant)
- Electronic Packaging and Assembly Concept
- Exposed Pad Thin Quad Flat Package
- Electronic Pal
- Evaluation for Prognosis with Averaged PASI (Psoriasis Area and Severity Index)
- Electronic Parity
- [not an acronym] Pre-Paid, Electronic Toll Payment Method for Toll Roads and Bridges (Florida)
Samples in periodicals archive:
But GSM operators initially pursued non-GPS solutions such as Cell-ID, Enhanced Observed Time Difference, and Time Difference of Arrival; these required no hardware changes in the cellular handset, and avoided increased costs.
Cursor(TM), based on the Enhanced Observed Time Difference (E-OTD) system, delivers high accuracy mobile location technology -- up to 50 metres on GSM networks.
The module supports the network-based location approach and provides accurate Enhanced Observed Time Difference (EOTD) and Observed Time Difference of Arrival (OTDOA) data that is critical for use in location determination in GSM and W-CDMA base stations.
Cursor(TM), based on the Enhanced Observed Time Difference (E-OTD) system, delivers high accuracy mobile location technology - up to 100 metres on GSM networks.
20, 2001 Nokia and Radiolinja, the Finnish mobile operator, have demonstrated good results in field trials using Nokia's enhanced observed time difference (E-OTD) positioning technology in Radiolinja's GSM900/1800 network - a breakthrough for E-OTD technology.
CPS is a leading developer of mobile-device locating technologies based on the Enhanced Observed Time Difference (E-OTD) standard used for Global System for Mobile Communications (GSM) networks.
The system has the timing performance needed for mobile handset location techniques such as uplink Time Difference of Arrival (TDOA) and Enhanced Observed Time Difference (E-OTD).