To provide continued flexibility to operators as they migrate their networks, Motorola's existing Horizon networks also can be upgraded to Enhanced Data for GSM Evolution (EDGE) with a simple hardware upgrade and EDGE software.
What does EDGE stand for?
EDGE stands for Enhanced Data for GSM Evolution
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of EDGE
We have 83 other meanings of EDGE in our Acronym Attic
- Enterprise Developoment for Global Competitiveness
- Elizabeth Daniell Graphic Design (Cartersville, GA)
- Engineering Design Graphics Division (American Society for Engineering Education)
- Eagle Dynamics Graphics Engine (software)
- Edgerrin James (NFL player)
- Educate, Develop, Guide, Empower (business motto)
- Education and Development in A Global Environment
- Education at a Distance for Growth and Excellence (distance learning program)
- Electronic Data Gathering Equipment
- Employees Driving Government Excellence (Canada)
- Enhanced Data GSM Environment
- Enhanced Data-rates for Global Evolution
- Enhanced Design G Ensemble
- Enhanced Doom Gaming Engine (gaming software)
- Enterprise Diversity Growth and Empathy (Rotary clubs, Australia)
- Entrepreneurial Development through Guided Experiences (Augustana College Entrepreneurial Center; Rock Island, IL)
- Environmental Design Guidance for Evaluation
- Ergonomically Designed Gatorade Experience (Gatorade, Stokely-Van Camp, Inc.)
- Evolutionarily Distinct and Globally Endangered (Zoological Society of London)
- Excellence in Design for Greater Efficiences (green building certification system)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Motorola's (NYSE:MOT) Global Telecom Solutions Sector (GTSS) has unveiled Enhanced Data for GSM Evolution (EDGE) to the installed base of Motorola Global System for Mobile (GSM) communications and General Radio Packet Service (GPRS) networks.
Motorola supplies complete network solutions for GSM, GPRS, Enhanced Data for GSM Evolution (EDGE), Universal Mobile Telecommunications System (UMTS) and Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) networks.