Zuhair Ghonaim, board member of Makkah region and member of the National Committee of Private Education, said that the problem involves international schools and English language institutes that were established without initial licensing.
What does ELI stand for?
ELI stands for English Language Institute (El Salvador)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ELI
We have 100 other meanings of ELI in our Acronym Attic
- Electro-Linguistic Imaginator
- Electronic Library Information (system at ISU)
- Elim, AK, USA (Airport Code)
- Embedded LISP Interpreter (Andrew Mail System)
- Emission Level Impact
- Emitter Location & Identification
- Employer Liability Insurance (various companies)
- Energy Lift Importer
- Energy Louisiana Inc
- Engineering Leadership Institute (various locations)
- Entreprises Localement Innovantes (French: Locally Innovative Companies)
- Environmental Laboratories, Inc. (est. 1982; various locations)
- Environmental Law Institute
- European Language Institute
- European Laser Institute
- Every Library in ILLINET (Illinois Library Network)
- Executive Leadership Institute (conference)
- Experiential Learning International (Denver, CO)
- Extended Learning Institute (Northern Virginia Community College)
- Extra Low Impurity
Samples in periodicals archive:
Now that Saint Cyr goes to school, spent the summer at Worcester State University's Intensive English Language Institute, works with an out-of-school literacy tutor and loves the public library, the family can say a lot more to each other.
If the Ministry of Education focused [on implementing] it in the school curricula, the students would not need to go to the [expensive] English language institutes," she said.
Ling Cho reportedly walked into the English language institute in south-eastern Ulsan Jungbu, South Korea, when the religious teacher was alone, threatening her with a knife and demanding money.
The School of Humanities and Social Sciences is the largest of the schools at AUC and houses the departments of Arab and Islamic civilizations, English and comparative literature, history, performing and visual arts, philosophy, political science, rhetoric and composition, sociology, anthropology, psychology, and Egyptology, as well as the Arabic Language and English Language Institutes.
The positions cut include the Student First Stop, foundation assistant, office of instruction assistant, library aide, grounds maintenance worker, transitional education teacher aide, adult basic education PC tech, English Language Institute instructor, president's office assistant, allied health special project position, community education director, computer labs supervisor, human resources recruiter and resource grant writer.
Students from all nationalities have registered at ADU and study according to the American model of higher education in its faculties of Arts and Sciences, Business Administration, Engineering and Computer Science and the English Language Institute.
Fortunately, demand for English teachers was growing at the time, and Lee managed to find a secure job as a general director at an English language institute.