The TAP series of pumps are automatic priming because they utilize an engine driven compressor that forces air through a venturi system that creates a vacuum on the suction side of the pump end.
What does EDC stand for?
EDC stands for Engine Driven Compressor (utilized by aircraft to provide pressurization to the cabin)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of EDC
We have 361 other meanings of EDC in our Acronym Attic
- Emergency Decontamination Center
- Emergency Dispatch Center (various locations)
- Emmanuel Duclos Conseil (French consulting firm)
- Employee Dependent Care
- Endocrine Disrupting Chemical (environment)
- Endocrine-Disrupting Compound
- Energy Data Collection Project (Digital Government Research Center)
- Energy Development Corporation (Philippines)
- Energy Disruption Committee (US FEMA)
- Energy Distribution Curve (spectroscopy)
- Engineering Data Controller/Change
- Engineering Date Code
- Engineering Design Center (various organizations)
- Engineering Design Centre (various organizations)
- Engineering Design Concept (US DoD)
- Engineering Design Conference
- Engineering Design Council
- Engineering Documentation Control
- Enhanced Data Correction
- Enterprise Data Center
Samples in periodicals archive:
It was targeted for unit replacement as part of WGP's plans to retrofit engine driven compressors to meet Texas air emissions requirements.
Using an engine driven compressor, the V-090 will maintain fresh, chilled or frozen temperatures down to as low as -20[degrees]C if necessary.