The automaker is recalling the vehicles because of a software calibration error in the trucks' Engine Control Module.
What does ECM stand for?
ECM stands for Engine Control Module
This definition appears very frequently
See other definitions of ECM
We have 365 other meanings of ECM in our Acronym Attic
- Emergency Changeover Message (CCS #7/ITU-T)
- Emerging Capital Market
- Employment Case Manager (various organizations)
- Endothelial Cell Multimerin
- Endpoint Congestion Management (IETF)
- Ends Center Matched
- Energy Conservation Management
- Energy Conservation Measure
- energy-corrected milk
- Engine Condition Monitoring
- Engine Cranking Mode
- Engineering Change Management
- Engineering Change Modification
- Engineering Conception Maintenance (Belgian engineering consulting firm)
- Engineering Construction Management (various locations)
- Engineering Coordination Memo
- Engineering Coordination Memorandum
- Engineering, Construction and Maintenance
- Enhanced Case Management (various locations)
- Enhanced Communications Manager
Samples in periodicals archive:
Toyota said some engine control modules may have been improperly manufactured and that there is a possibility that a crack may develop at certain solder points or on the electronic component used to protect circuits against excessive voltage on the modules' circuit board.
Toyota said Corollas and Matrixes equipped with 1ZZ-FE engines may contain a defective engine control module, the computer that regulates the performance of the engine.
In the case of Nissan, 1,250 cars in the UAE are affected by the recall due to a problem with the engine control module, James Thomas, Nissan Middle East spokesman, confirmed to Gulf News yesterday after the company issued a compulsory recall announcement together with the UAE Ministry of Economy.
The system uses three different all-wheel drive protocols - normal, sport or stability - which are chosen automatically by the car's engine control module.
Petersburg State Institute of Fine Mechanics and Optics on automata-based programming for adaptive cruise control systems and engine control modules, reducing the time it takes to develop source code and control algorithms for a number of electronics, including telematic and communication systems.