March 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- SPECTRO Analytical Instruments announces the introduction of its new SPECTROSCOUT Portable Energy Dispersive X-ray Fluorescence (ED-XRF) analyzer that enables rapid, laboratory-class elemental analysis of environmental and geological samples even in remote locations.
What does EDX stand for?
EDX stands for Energy Dispersive X-Ray (Spectroscopy)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of EDX
We have 21 other meanings of EDX in our Acronym Attic
- Economically Disadvantaged Women-Owned Small Business (US Small Business Administration)
- Enterprise Data Warehouse Reference Architecture
- End-Diastolic Wall Stress (cardiology)
- Enterprise Data Warehouse System
- Extended Distributed Wireless Systems
- Echo Dogs White Shepherd Rescue
- École Doctorale de École Polytechnique (French: Graduate Polytechnic School)
- Electrodiagnostic (neuropathy)
- Electromagnetic Data Exchange (telecommunications)
- Electronic Data Exchange
- Event-Based Data Exchange (UPNet)
- Event-Driven Executive (IBM Series/1 OS)
- Extended Data Register
- Energy-Dispersive X-ray Analysis
- European DX Council (amateur radio hobby organization)
- Energy-Dispersive X-ray Diffraction
- Emergency Data Exchange Language (National Information Exchange Model standard)
- Emergency Data Exchange Language-Distribution Element (National Information Exchange Model Standard)
- Emergency Data Exchange Language Resource Messaging
- Energy Dispersive X-Ray Diffraction (analysis method)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Scanning electron microscope and X-ray - microanalysis system, consisting of: - REM - Energy dispersive X-ray microanalysis (EDX) - Wavelength dispersive crystal spectrometer (WDX) - X-ray microtomography unit - Coating plants Date of contract award decision: 12.
Eastern Applied Research anticipates good demand for the advanced Energy Dispersive X-ray Fluorescence (EDXRF) spectroscopy technologies produced by Xenemetrix," added Bruce Rowlands.
In addition, scanning electron microscopy with energy dispersive x-ray spectroscopy can identify the composition of any anomalies present after de-cap under higher magnification.
Showcased at the facility is the company's energy dispersive X-ray fluorescence (EDXRF) and wavelength dispersive X-ray fluorescence (WDXRF) spectrometers, along with other laboratory instruments, consumables and software solutions.
The combination of EBSD with Energy Dispersive X-Ray Spectroscopy (EDS) offers more comprehensive materials characterisation capabilities in scanning electron microscopes for a broad range of applications on metals, ceramics, and geological samples.
Equipped with specialized filters that enhance the detection of elements deemed hazardous by the European Union (EU) and other regulatory bodies, the EDX-720 Energy Dispersive X-ray Fluorescence Spectrometer from Kratos Analytical facilitates the development and maintenance of proper product-oversight procedures.
Tokyo, Japan, Nov 30, 2005 - (JCN) - Shimadzu announced on November 29 that it has launched the EDX-720, an advanced energy dispersive X-ray fluorescence spectrometer.