The Indian Railways, the world's third largest railroad network, on Friday received 11 National Energy Conservation Awards, the highest ever by any Indian industry, for the remarkable achievements by its Zonal Railways in Energy Conservation initiatives taken in 2012.
What does ENCON stand for?
ENCON stands for Energy Conservation
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of ENCON
- Eastern North Carolina Natural Gas
- Enterprise Companies
- Enemy Course of Action
- Energy Company of America (Houston, TX)
- European Non Commissioned Officer Academy
- European NGO Council on Drugs
- Encyclopedia of DNA Elements
- Engineer Command (US DoD)
- Enterprise Networking and Computing Conference
- Enhanced Consequence Management Planning and Support System (DARPA)
- Energy Conservation Promotion Act (Thailand)
- Environmental Consultancy
- Environmental Coalition for North America (UN)
- Energy Conservation Project
- Eastern Nebraska Community Office of Retardation
- European Network of Construction Companies for Research and Development (est. 1989)
- Economics Network for Competition and Regulation (University of Amsterdam)
- English National Cancer Online Registration Environment (UK)
- Environment and Community Online Residents' E-Services (Office of the Deputy Prime Minister; UK)
- Environment Conference of the Regions of Europe
Samples in periodicals archive:
Speeding Up Introduction of Green Technology Hong Kong, Dec 5, 2011 - (ACN Newswire) - Since the introduction of the "Ambient Air Quality Standards" on 16 Nov 2011, and the announcement of temporary coal price intervention for power generation on 30 Nov 2011, from the "Sino-Japanese Energy Conservation and Environmental Protection Comprehensive Forum" to the "United Nations Climate Change Conference" on 28 Nov .
GAO-12-103R October 4, 2011 GAO reviewed the Department of Energy's (DOE) new rule on energy conservation standards for refrigerators, refrigerator-freezers, and freezers.
That is, these states developed green building programs for public buildings that beat the expectations of energy conservation as determined by building codes and/or will meet the criteria set forth in the US Green Building Council's LEED Silver rating or better.
Significant energy conservation is vital if we are to take the necessary steps to reduce our nation's dependence on coal, oil and gas.
And the City of Los Angeles, in an effort to spur energy conservation, has been giving residential customers $4 back for every 50 kilowatt-hours of electricity saved.