Specialists in pharmacology, molecular biology, physiology, cardiovascular medicine, and nephrology in Europe, the US, and Asia cover the pharmacology, molecular biology, and physiology of endothelin in the kidney; the role of endothelin and endothelin receptor antagonists (ERAs) in renal disease, including renal inflammation and hypertension, sickle cell disease, and polycystic kidney disease; and the current state of clinical development of ERA therapy in renal medicine, such as for those with resistant hypertension and hypertension nephropathy, diabetic nephropathy, and nondiabetic chronic kidney disease.
What does ETRA stand for?
ETRA stands for Endothelin Receptor Antagonists
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ETRA
We have 7 other meanings of ETRA in our Acronym Attic
- Eastern Tropical Atlantic
- Ecosystem Trends and Risk Assessment
- Education Training and Research Associates
- electron transport regulator A
- Electronic Remittance Translator (Systems Designs, Inc.)
- Electronic Test Requirements Analysis
- Electronic Transaction Risk Assessment (Digital Signature Trust)
- Emerald Trail Riders Association, Inc. (Eugene, OR)
- Emergency Tenant Remedies Act
- Emergency Tenant Remedy Action
- Energetski Transformatorji
- Environment, Transport and Regional Affairs (UK parliament)
- Errington Therapeutic Riding Association
- Estimated Time to Reach Altitude
- European Twowheel Retailers' Association
- European Tyre Recycling Association
- Eye Tracking Research and Applications (symposium)
- Educational Technology Research and Assessment Cooperative (Rice University; Texas)
- Emerging Technology and Research Advisory Committee (US DOC)
- Enhanced Tactical Radar Correlator (US Army)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The thematic research being presented at the 2011 ATS Conference provides insights into differential benefit of selective versus non-selective endothelin receptor antagonists in a robust preclinical model of this debilitating disease.
They discuss imaging techniques, exercise testing and hemodynamics, epidemiology, current and future treatments, and the use of endothelin receptor antagonists and gene and stem cell therapy.
Based on the properties of the compound and the results of our Phase 2 trial, we believe ambrisentan's efficacy and safety profile may position it as the best-in-class among endothelin receptor antagonists.
Other endothelin receptor antagonists have been associated with elevations of aminotransferases, hepatotoxicity and cases of liver failure.
Important Safety Information Decreases in hemoglobin concentration and hematocrit have followed administration of other endothelin receptor antagonists and were observed in clinical studies with Letairis.
Tracleer(R) was the first in a new class of treatments for PAH known as endothelin receptor antagonists.
Therapies currently used for the treatment of PAH include anticoagulants; diuretics; calcium channel blockers; digoxin; prostacyclins; phosphodiesterase inhibitors and endothelin receptor antagonists.