The endothelial isoform of nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) is critical for maintaining endothelial function via its product, NO, which inhibits platelet aggregation, inhibits monocyte adhesion, and promotes vasomotion by relaxing smooth muscle cells (5).
What does e-NOS stand for?
e-NOS stands for Endothelial Isoform of Nitric Oxide Synthase
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 3 other meanings of e-NOS in our Acronym Attic
- E-Rate Management Professionals Association, Inc.
- E-Mail Preference Service
- Extremity Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- En-Route Minimum Safe Altitude Warning (also abbreviated EMSAW)
- Enhanced Mobile Switching Center
- Electronic Medicare Summary Notice
- embedded multimedia terminal adapter
- Enhanced Mycobacterium Tuberculosis Direct Test
- External Network-to-Network Interface
- External-Node-to-Node Interface (IEEE)
- Electronic New Product Development
- European Operational Concept Validation Methodology (Air Traffic Management)
- Electronically OK
- Environmentally, Ecologically OK (website)
- Enterprise Object-Oriented Fourth-Generation Language
- Enhanced Observed Time Difference (enhanced mothodology for detecting location of a transmitter, e.g. cell phone)
- Enzyme-Acyl Phosphate (biochemistry)