Proud Heritage, Promising Future of Advancements in Plastic Fenders Building on its recent success with PIR material, Renault is collaborating with SABIC to develop a closed loop system in which the OEM will harvest the thermoplastic material of fenders from end-of-life vehicles for the production of fenders for new cars.
What does ELV stand for?
ELV stands for End-of-Life Vehicles
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ELV
We have 25 other meanings of ELV in our Acronym Attic
- Express Link-Up Social Enterprise Unit Ltd. (Nottingham, UK)
- Evangelical Lutheran
- Earth Launch Vehicle
- East Lake Village (Port St. Lucie, FL)
- Easy Labor Vibes (childbirth)
- École des Langues Vivantes (French: School of Modern Languages; Belgium)
- Electric Light Vehicle
- Electrical Low Voltage
- Elektronisches Lastschrift Verfahren (German method of payment)
- Emission Limit Value (environmental protection)
- European Launch Vehicle (Italy)
- Europese Logistieke Vervoerders Coöperatie (Dutch: European Cooperative Logistics Carriers; various locations)
- Expendable Launch Vehicle
- Experimental Law Variation (Rugby)
- Extinction-Level Event (widespread species loss)
- Extra Low Voltage
- Emergency Low Visibility Approach
- Expressed Luciferase Viability Assay (cells)
- East Leicestershire Villages Against Airspace (UK)
- Excimer Laser Vision Centre (Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Plastics recycler, Axion Polymers, invested a further [pounds sterling]1 million in 2012 to optimise materials recovery from end-of-life vehicles at its purpose-built plant at Trafford Park, Manchester--one of the most advanced of its type in Europe.
The plant, which will have around 50 employees, will process 2,000-3,000 end-of-life vehicles per month and market in China steel and aluminum metals from those vehicles.
The End-Of-Life Vehicles Directive, which became UK law in 2003, requires potential contaminants such as oil, brake fluid, tyres and airbags to be removed from cars before they are scrapped.
Additionally, Cymru is an authorized treatment facility for end-of-life vehicles, handling around 50,000 vehicles a year.
EU Directive 2000/53/EC on end-of-life vehicles stipulates that vehicle manufacturers and their material and component suppliers must try to reduce use of hazardous substances when designing vehicles.
Magpie, linking the council, police and fire brigade, removed 649 abandoned or end-of-life vehicles between April 2004 and March 2005.
We are particularly proud of our efforts to reduce mercury in the environment as an active member of the coalition that successfully pressed for the legislation enacted last month to require the removal of mercury switches from end-of-life vehicles used as scrap metal.