The Monarchs then scored two short-handed goals as Linden Vey finished off a 2-on-1 rush at 17:56 and Marc-Andre Cliche scored an empty-net goal at 19:07.
What does ENG stand for?
ENG stands for Empty-Net Goal (hockey)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ENG
We have 32 other meanings of ENG in our Acronym Attic
- Environmental Forum for Action (Sierra Leone)
- Everyday New Fantastic Possibilities
- Extraverted Intuitive Feeling Perceiving (Myers-Briggs personality type indicator)
- European Network of Forensic Science Institutes
- Electronic News Gathering
- Electronystagnogram (balance test)
Samples in periodicals archive:
MacRae and Blight, with an empty-net goal 10 seconds from the end, also netted to clinch victory.
Ross Dalgleish smashed Capitals into the lead before the razor-sharp Wires sealed victory with an empty-net goal 23 seconds from time after Hull had withdrawn their netminder to give them six skaters.
Dallas survived a late power play from the Sabres and then got an empty-net goal from Derian Hatcher to clinch a win that ended a run of four straight finals sweeps.
Paille added a short-handed, empty-net goal with 1:37 left when the Panthers pulled Markstrom to give them a 6-on-4 skating advantage.
Big-hitting Max Birbraer was outstanding, while Matzka completed the win with an empty-net goal in the last minute.