The two and three-bedroomed properties in Russell Street, Stothard Street, St Paul's Road, Percy Street, and Harold Street, were seized by South Tyneside Council using Empty Dwelling Management Orders (EDMO).
What does EDMO stand for?
EDMO stands for Empty Dwelling Management Order (UK)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of EDMO
We have 3 other meanings of EDMO in our Acronym Attic
- École Doctorale Matériaux de Lyon (French graduate school)
- Landshut (airport code; Germany)
- Electronic Dance Music Media (Canada)
- European Day of Media Monitoring
- Executive Diploma in Manufacturing Management
- Executive Diploma in Municipal Management
- Munich (airport code; Germany)
- Epiphyseal Dysplasia, Multiple, with Myopia and Conductive Deafness
- European Digital Media Network
- Mindelheim Mattsies (airport code; Germany)
- Engineering Data Management Office
- Enterprise Data Management Office
- European Directory of Marine Organisations (database)
- International Symposium on Electron Devices for Microwave and Optoelectronic Applications (IEEE International Symposium)
- International Symposium on Electron Devices for Microwave and Optoelectronic Applications (IEEE)
- Oberpfaffenhofen (airport code; Germany)
- Earnings Determine Market Price (finance)
- Easy Data Management Platform
- ECS Data Management Plan
Samples in periodicals archive:
We are also prepared to use the full range of enforcement tools at our disposal, such as Empty Dwelling Management Orders and potentially CPO sales.
The Housing Act 2004 allows councils to get Empty Dwelling Management Orders to take over empty properties where the owner will not do anything.
They have branded empty dwelling management orders, designed to kick out a landlord refusing to co-operate with attempts to bring a property back into use, as "expensive and cumbersome".
However, councils must back these powers by finding additional financial resources so they can impose more Empty Dwelling Management Orders on long-term empty properties and bring them back into use.
But as a last resort we can also use Empty Dwelling Management Orders to allow councils to bring homes back into use without forcing a change of ownership.
The introduction of Empty Dwelling Management Orders aims to help ease the housing shortage in England by bringing empty or derelict properties back into use.