New Delhi, June 1 ( ANI ): Congress leader Meem Afzal described prime minister Narendra Modi doing away with Empowered Group of Ministers (EGoMs) and Groups of Ministers (GoMs) as a move to centralise power in his hands.
What does EGOM stand for?
EGOM stands for Empowered Group of Ministers (India)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of EGOM
- Extragalactic Optical Object
- Eyes Glaze Over
- Ego Boost (science fiction fandom)
- Edna Garrett on Campus (The Facts of Life episode)
- Experts Group for Office Document Architecture
- Enhanced Guide for Occupational Exploration (career research handbook; est. 1991)
- Evil Gang of Eleven (gaming clan)
- Electronic Government Innovation and Access
- Exploitation Genetic Algorithms by Optimising Industrial Site Clustering and Telecommunication Networks
- Eastern Gulf of Mexico
- Exploration Group of North Somerset (Bristol, England)
- End-to-End GNSS (Global Navigation Satellite System) Occultation Performance Simulator (software)
- Edmonton Group of Roleplayers (Canada)
- Educational Games Observation Rubric
- E-Government Reference Architecture
- European Golden Oldies Rugby Committee (Czech Republic)
- Emily Griffith Opportunity School (Denver, CO)
- ESA (European Space Agency) Ground Operations Software
- European Group for Organizational Studies
- European Group of Surveyors (Brussels, Belgium)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Empowered Group of Ministers, led by Finance Minister Mr P Chidambaram, had in February decided on the timing and mode of disinvestment in BHEL.
While NTPC was fighting the case with RIL, the government referred the matter to an empowered group of ministers in 2007.
The empowered group of ministers (EGoM) on the Krishna-Godavari (KG) basin, scheduled to meet tomorrow, may consider swapping the supply of 3 million standard cubic metres a day (mscmd) KG gas to customers in the Uran region (Gujarat) with ONGC s C-series gas.
The government confirmed that final negotiations between the Empowered Group of Ministers (EGOM) and Boeing are due to commence, in an attempt to confirm details and reduce the price.
New Delhi, May 31 ( ANI ): In a major move aimed at empowering the ministries and departments, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday decided to abolish all the existing nine Empowered Group of Ministers (EGoMs) and twenty-one Groups of Ministers (GoMs).
An Empowered Group of Ministers (EGoM) is likely to consider Oil and Natural Gas Corp's (ONGC) request to buy 5% stake in Indian Oil Corp.
THE empowered group of ministers ( EGoM) headed by Union finance minister P.