A tribunal recently found LMH was not at fault for not transferring staff under employment protection laws from the previous maintenance contractor, Kinetics, which went bust before that could happen.
What does EPL stand for?
EPL stands for Employment Protection Law
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of EPL
We have 365 other meanings of EPL in our Acronym Attic
- ELINT Parameter Limits List
- ELINT Parameter List
- Elizabeth Public Library (Elizabeth, NJ)
- Ellenville Public Library & Museum (Ellenville, New York)
- Elliptically Polarized Light
- Emitter Parameters Limit
- Emitter Parameters Listing
- Emitter Position Location
- Employment Practices Liability
- Employment Practices Litigation
- Employment Protection Legislation
- Emporia Public Library
- Energy Partners, Ltd
- Engineering Parts List
- Engineering Project Leader
- Engineering Prototype Lab (Lockheed Martin)
- Englewood Public Library (Englewood, NJ)
- English Premier League (soccer)
- Ensemble Polyphonique de Lyon (French orchestra ensemble)
- Enterprise Public Library (Enterprise, AL)
Samples in periodicals archive:
While Greece this week received its first batch of bailout funds to ride out the huge debt repayments falling due this month, Italy is set to for a collision course with the country's biggest trade union after talks on reform to an employment protection law failed to produce a deal on Tuesday.
But new expansive employment protection laws will arrive in plenty.
he comes up with a drastic therapy for what he thinks is a hopelessly sick Germany: * Lower wages by 10 percent to 15 percent, with less-qualified job seekers having to accept wage cuts of about one-third of their present level; * Unify support payments for unemployed and welfare recipients at a level averaging about one-third below the then-prevailing welfare payments; * Abolish employment protection laws against dismissal for both large and small enterprises; * Terminate overall collective bargaining agreements, shifting collective bargaining autonomy into individual firms; * Extend weekly working hours to at least 42 hours; and * Cut taxes dramatically.
Many forms are drafted generically and distributed throughout the United States and don't take into account differences in Michigan Employment Protection laws.