Employment Non-Discrimination Act ENDA, which has been hanging around Capitol Hill in one form or another for decades, seeks to outlaw discrimination in the workplace based on sexual orientation and gender identity.
What does ENDA stand for?
ENDA stands for Employment Non-Discrimination Act (civil rights legislation; US Congress)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of ENDA
We have 8 other meanings of ENDA in our Acronym Attic
- Equivalent Noise Degradation
- European Network for Democracy-Project
- European Nuclear Disarmament
- Everyone Nearly Decommissioned (Kids Next Door TV show)
- Evolutionary Network Development (US Postal Service technology program)
- Exchange Name Documentation
- Exotic Newcastle Disease
- Experts Nationaux Détachés (French: Seconded National Experts)
- End/Escape (Key)
- Evaluation Nuclear Data Fill
- Encontro Nacional de Dirigentes Associativos (Portugal)
- Environment and Development Action
- Environnement et Développement du Tiers-Monde (French: Environment and Development in the Third World; Senegal)
- Environnement et Développement en Afrique (French: Environment and Development in Africa; Senegal)
- European Nurse Directors Association (Purmerend, The Netherlands)
- Environmental Development Action Tiers Monde
- États non Dotés d'Armes Nucléaires (French: States without Nuclear Weapons)
- Eastern Navajo Diné Against Uranium Mining
- Eastern Nigeria Development Corporation
- Eighteen-Nation Disarmament Committee (UN)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Employment Non-Discrimination Act of 2001 would make such discrimination a violation of federal law.
1994: The pro-gay Employment Non-Discrimination Act is introduced in Congress.
True, both Gore and Bradley have endorsed the Employment Non-Discrimination Act and national hate-crimes legislation.
The coalition is concerned, however, that the free exercise of religion could be argued to discriminate against sexual orientation, marital status, and pregnancy and is urging the passage of additional protections, including the Employment Non-Discrimination Act, to prevent the misuse of this bill.