Summary: DUBAI -- Abrj Capital is scouting for more acquisitions in Africa's healthcare industry, a senior executive said on Wednesday, after the emerging markets private equity firm invested in Uganda's biggest pharmacy chain.
What does EMPE stand for?
EMPE stands for Emerging Markets Private Equity
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of EMPE
We have 2 other meanings of EMPE in our Acronym Attic
- Enemy Most Probable Course of Action
- Eastmont Metropolitan Park District (est. 2004; East Wenatchee, WA)
- El Monte Police Department (El Monte, CA)
- Electronic Materials and Processing Division (various organizations)
- Energy Management and Power Delivery (conference)
- Engineered Motor Products Division (Franklin Electric; Bluffton, IN)
- Extracellular Membrane-Proximal Domain
- Educational Materials Production and Distribution Agency
- Educational Materials Production and Distribution Enterprise (Ethiopia)
- Electromagnetic Parabolic Equation
- Extra-Mural Penal Employment (Kenya)
- Exudative Malignant Pleural Effusions
- Emerging Markets Private Equity Association (Washington, DC)
- Emerging Markets Private Equity Conference
- European-Mediterranean Parametric Earthquake Catalogue
- Energy Management Professional Enhancement Program
- Electronics Manufacturing Productivity Facility
- Edinburgh Mathematical Physics Group (Scotland, UK)
- Education Media and Publishing Group
- Emergency Management Performance Grant
Samples in periodicals archive:
If 3-5% economic growth was the norm before, six per cent or more could be the new normal post the Arab Spring," El-Khazindar said at an opening panel discussion entitled 'MENA Investing After the Arab Spring' at the Fourteenth Annual Global Private Equity Conference of the International Finance Corporation and Emerging Markets Private Equity Association (EMPEA).
The EUR115m private equity fund was launched in 2007 and is part of a family of private equity funds advised by SGAM, including the SGAM AI Kantara Morocco and SGAM AI/SEDCO Emerging Markets Private Equity Fund.
uk Emerging markets private equity specialist Actis has said it has signed an agreement to acquire a 50 percent stake in Commercial International Bank (CIB), a leading bank in Egypt, for USD244m.
Byline: Cairo Actis, an emerging markets private equity specialist, said it has sealed a pact with a key investor to acquire a 50 per cent stake in Commercial International Bank (CIB), a leading bank in Egypt, for $244 million.
A survey by the Emerging Markets Private Equity Association showed 78 per cent of institutional investors in emerging markets still intended to commit to additional deals over the next five years.
According to Emerging Markets Private Equity Association (EMPEA) data, the fund-raising for private equity investment in the region has grown manifold over the past five years and has increased from $680 million raised in 2003 to more than $5 billion last year.