Rising Tide The city of Hot Springs has an emergency warning system that will alert residents when a flood is on its way, said Denny McPhate, public works director for the city.
What does EWS stand for?
EWS stands for Emergency Warning System
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of EWS
We have 111 other meanings of EWS in our Acronym Attic
- Electrical Wafer Sorting (operation of electrically testing dice on a silicon wafer)
- Electronic Warfare Simulator
- Electronic Warfare Squadron
- Electronic Warfare Suite
- Electronic Warfare Supervisor/System
- Electronic Warfare Support
- Electronic Weather Station (various companies)
- Electronic Weighing Scale
- Electronic Wood Systems (various locations)
- Embedded Web Server (HP printers that have ethernet and server capability)
- Emergency Water Supply
- Emerson Waldorf School (Chapel Hill, NC)
- Emerson, Wajdowicz Studios (design firm; New York, NY)
- Emery/Weiner School (Houston, TX)
- Emma Willard School (Troy, NY, founded in 1814)
- Employee Welfare Scheme (India)
- Employee Written Software (IBM)
- Empty Wallet Syndrome
- Enduro World Series (mountain biking)
- Engineered Wood Systems (trade association)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A Russian daily, Kommersant reported that defects on the ship, Vikramaditya, were discovered during a sea test when the vessel accelerated to maximum speed and its emergency warning system sounded.
In a test of an emergency warning system, the military's Home Front Command will also send text messages that read -- "Have a nice day" -- to cellphone owners in certain areas of the country to test communications, the army said in a statement.
As you would expect from Ford, the safety package has six airbags, ABS and an automatic emergency warning system which means if you brake suddenly, your hazard lights come on immediately.
Victims' families allege there were bars on the hostel windows and an inadequate emergency warning system.
A uniform emergency warning system should be developed to ensure that as people travel throughout the nation they will be informed of existing emergencies and advised how to respond.