The SARS outbreak strained Toronto Emergency Medical Services (EMS), which worked 40 stations evenly divided among the city's four quadrants.
What does EMS stand for?
EMS stands for Emergency Medical Service(s)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of EMS
We have 614 other meanings of EMS in our Acronym Attic
- Electronics Manufacturing Services
- Électronique Mécanique Services (French: Electronic Mechanical Services)
- Elektromagnetische Schwebetechnik (German: magnetic leviation technique)
- Element Management System
- Elementary Middle School (various locations)
- Eligibility Management Systems
- Embedded Memory System
- Emergency Management Services
- Emergency Management Specialist (US FEMA)
- Emergency Management System
Samples in periodicals archive:
On May 23, 2003, the Aherns received the first annual Moore Medical Valor Award, given to heroic emergency medical service (EMS) personnel by the Connecticut-based Moore Medical Corporation.
The great need is for deploying antibiotics in an expeditious way to thousands, presumably by using regional care sites and the thousands of physicians' offices; 3,000 emergency medical service providers could be available to assist, but the mainstay of care in any large epidemic would come from the private sector.