Jessup Bahinting, was found to have no emergency locator transmitter (ELT), which made it harder for members of the search and rescue operation to do their job in locating the lost plane, a hard undertaking that began on Saturday night and ended on Tuesday morning.
What does ELTS stand for?
ELTS stands for Emergency Locator Transmitter
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ELTS
We have 2 other meanings of ELTS in our Acronym Attic
- Ecological Land Type Phase
- Emergency Leave Transfer Program (US government)
- Entry-Level Trainee Programmer (computer job position)
- Extended Learning Time Program
- Enemies Laid to Rest (band)
- EPU (Extended Power Uprate) Licensing Topical Report (nuclear)
- European Liver Transplant Registry (est. 1997)
- Exceptional Leave to Remain (UK residency)
- Electrical Transport Parallel and Perpendicular to Semiconductor Heterointerfaces
- Endogenous Long-Term Repopulating Cells
- English Language Testing Service
- Executive Leadership Training Seminar (Oregon)
- End Loans to Southern Africa
- Entry Level Training Support Services
- Ethanol Lactose Tolerance Test
- English Language Teaching Unit
- Extravascular Lung Thermal Volume
- Extremely Large Telescope Working Group (Australian Academy of Sciences)
- English Language Unit (UK)
- Enhanced Learning Unlimited
Samples in periodicals archive:
In reaction to this, Congress mandated that all US aircraft carry an emergency locator transmitter (which broadcast on 121.
The Federal Communications Commission halted plans to prohibit emergency locator transmitters on the 121.
This is not to deny the use of technologies like automatic emergency locator transmitter (ELT) in SAR.
The Bell-430 is equipped with at least two radio systems, weather radar and emergency locator transmitter, among other sophisticated equipment, and is certified for day and night operations.
He further said the helicopter was suitably equipped with an emergency locator transmitter, which would have activated in case of a crash- landing or any other unforeseen eventuality.