They require key leaders to follow the military decision-making process and conduct emergency deployment readiness exercises and rock drills to ensure the readiness and proficiency of the unit and its ability to conduct the missions.
What does EDRE stand for?
EDRE stands for Emergency Deployment Readiness Exercise
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of EDRE
We have 3 other meanings of EDRE in our Acronym Attic
- Emergency Disaster Response Communication System
- Eating Disorders Recovery Center of Western New York (Rochester, NY)
- Earth Dog Running Dog (UK)
- Electronic Data Requirement Document
- Environmental Design and Rural Development (Canada)
- EU (European Union) Data Retention Directive
- Neumagen-Dhron (airport code; Germany)
- Electronic Dictionary Research and Development Group
- Electronic Date Recognition Exclusion (insurance)
- Emergency Deployment Reaction Exercise
- Études, Développement, Réalisation et Exploitation (French: Studies, Development, Implementation and Operation)
- Enshaa Development Real Estate Company (Bahrain; est. 2005)
- Educational Repositories Network
- Bad Durkheim (airport code; Germany)
- Emergency Disaster Relief Fund
- Endothelium Derived Relaxing Factor
- Environmental Dispute Resolution Fund
- Erythroid Differentiation - Related Factor
- Experience Demand Replacement Factor
- Extended Duration Repellent Formulation
Samples in periodicals archive:
So when an emergency deployment readiness exercise (EDRE) sequence began on 7 July 2008, the battalion organized its equipment and personnel in less than a week to execute an airborne insertion into Fort Hunter Liggett, California, as part of a larger joint exercise named Operation Hydra.
In addition to mission training opportunities in support of rotational deployments and redeploy-ments related to the Global War on Terror, SDDC supports National Training Center and Joint Readiness Training Center rotations, Sea Emergency Deployment Readiness exercises, Joint Logistics-Over-The-Shore exercises, and virtually all other Combatant Command and Joint sponsored major exercises such as Bright Star.