Moreover, the committee strongly suggested as a good management practice that institutions conducting human embryonic stem cell research carry out periodic audits of their embryonic stem cell research oversight (ESCRO) committees to ensure proper performance and make the findings of audits available to the public.
What does ESCRO stand for?
ESCRO stands for Embryonic Stem Cell Research Oversight
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ESCRO
- Elementary Stream Clock Reference
- embryonic stem cell research
- Entente Sportive Le Cannet-Rocheville (French sports club)
- Environmental Stress Cracking Resistance
- European Society of Cardiac Radiology
- Extended Status Control Register (computer programming)
- Errored Second, Cyclic Redundancy Check
- End Stage Chronic Renal Failure
- École Secondaire Catholique Régionale de Hawkesbury (French: Catholic Regional High School in Hawkesbury; Hawkesbury, Canada)
- Enhanced Scalability Concurrent Resource Manager (IBM)
- Enhanced Services Contract Reporting Options (Scotland)
- Emergency School Construction and Rehabilitation Project
- European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- Endosomal Sorting Complex Required for Transport
- Episcopal Society for Cultural and Racial Unity
- Early Social Communication Scales
- East Somerville Community School (Somerville, MA)
- Electronic Security Control System (Bridgeport, CT)
- Electronic Stability Control System (vehicle handling technology)
- Electronic Supply Chain Solutions (Florida)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Under these proposals, each institution engaged in embryonic stem cell research would establish an Embryonic Stem Cell Research Oversight (ESCRO) committee to oversee all issues related to the derivation and use of embryonic stem cells, review all proposals for scientific merit, maintain records of research that takes place at the institution, and educate investigators.