The team of researchers found that mutations affecting the SOX3 gene caused it to be abnormally turned on in the embryonic gonad, leading to testis development in human DSD patients and mice.
What does EG stand for?
EG stands for Embryonic Gonad
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of EG
We have 25 other meanings of EG in our Acronym Attic
- Eddie Guerrero (professional wrestler)
- Eingetragene Genossenschaft (German: Registered Cooperative)
- Electric Guitar
- Electronic Government
- Electronic Gun
- Ellie Goulding (musician)
- Emanuel Ginobili (basketball player)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Sex determination and development begin early in gestation, with the differentiation of the embryonic gonad into either testes or ovaries.
To prove it, they searched for the protein produced by the gene in mouse embryonic gonads.