The impact of the elliptic curve method for integer factorisation (developed by my PhD advisor Hendrik Lenstra) has played a role in introducing elliptic curves to cryptographers, albeit for attacking the underlying problem on which RSA is based (the difficulty of factoring integers)," said David Kohel, convenor of the ESF workshop, from the Institut de Mathematiques de Luminy in Marseille, France.
What does ECM stand for?
ECM stands for Elliptic Curve Method
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ECM
We have 363 other meanings of ECM in our Acronym Attic
- Electro-Chemical Migration (blooming and dendrite growth in PCAs due to electro-chemical reaction)
- Electronic Cigarettes Mart
- Electronic Commerce Manager
- Electronic Component Manufacturer
- Electronic Content Management
- Electronic Control Module
- Electronic Counter Measure
- Electronic Countermeasures
- Electronically Commutated Motor
- Electronics Contract Manufacturer
- Email Content Management
- Emap Consumer Media (UK)
- Emergency Changeover Message (CCS #7/ITU-T)
- Emerging Capital Market
- Employment Case Manager (various organizations)
- Endothelial Cell Multimerin
- Endpoint Congestion Management (IETF)
- Ends Center Matched
- Energy Conservation Management
- Energy Conservation Measure
Samples in periodicals archive:
The international contributors propose a hardware architecture for generating random vectors, a library and platform for FPGA bitstream manipulation, a reconfigurable transactional memory, integer factorization based on the elliptic curve method, and automatic on-chip memory minimization for data reuse.
Some specific topics include FPGA particle graphics hardware, hardware factorization based on the elliptic curve method, higher radix floating-point representations for FPGA-based arithmetic, and interleaving behavioral and cycle-accurate descriptions for reconfigurable hardware compilation.