Some of the obstacles include: Arctic Enema, a jump into and a swim through a pool of frigid ice water, under wooden beams and all the way to the other side, and Electroshock Therapy, a sprint through a field of live wires each containing 10,000V of electricity.
What does EST stand for?
EST stands for Electroshock Therapy
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of EST
We have 267 other meanings of EST in our Acronym Attic
- Electrical Safety Test (band)
- Electrical Safety Testing
- Electronic Security Tactical (US military)
- Electronic Sell-Through
- Electronic Shelf Tag
- Electronic Shipping Tools (Canada Post)
- Electronic Signal Therapy (neuropathy)
- Electronic Spark Timing (GM)
- Electronic Systems Technician (job title)
- Electronic Systems Technologies (various schools)
- Elevated Storage Tank
- Emergency Services Team
- Emergency Support Team
- Emitter Switched Thyristor
- Empirically Supported Treatment (psychotherapy)
- Employee Share Trust
- Encefalopatie Spongiformi Trasmissibili (Italian: Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy)
- Endoscopic Sphincterotomy
- Energy Saving Technology
- Energy Saving Trust (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
This fact and the electroshock therapy (aimed to "cure" her of her lesbianism) are two of the main factors contributing to her mother's despair.
He is also about to try the electroshock therapy policy in dealing with the files of retirement that no one ever dared to approach.
He describes the development of mental hospitalization, the history of torturing mental patients, the concept of moral treatment in early psychiatry, the treatment of epileptics, electroshock therapy, lobotomy, and the use of psychiatric drugs.
Laing, whose rejection of Cuckoo's Nest therapeutic techniques (straitjackets, electroshock therapy, etc.